Announcements and Reviews of Products
Below are a list of products and publications that seem likely to be of interest to those frequenting this web site.
The criteria for selection is that I have actually examined the item in question, think it is of substantial worth, and that the item is believed to be currently available.
Some of the items have been sent to me for review free of charge, and some of the items have been purchased.
Useful Sources of Products
Besides such standard sources as amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com (for books), www.bookfinder.com (for out-of-print books), and ebay.com (for miscellaneous things) you can also try these more specialized sources:
- Otowi Station -- Bookstore At Los Alamos National Laboratory, many nuclear-related books and videos
- Historical Nuclear Weapon Test Videos from the U.S. Department of Energy
- National Atomic Museum On-Line Store
- The George Washington University National Security Archive. A leading research institute and repository devoted to document declassification, the GWU NS Archive has several nuclear related document collections available on microfiche, including:
- Nuclear Arms and Politics in the Missile Age, 1955-1968 A microfiche set containing 1,446 U.S. government records totaling 20,336 pages of documentation. No doubt an indispensible reference document collection, but at $4,200.00 (for the complete microfiche document set, plus Guide and Index) not many are going to be able to afford one (the Guide and Index by themselves can be had for only $900).
- Nuclear Non-Proliferation, 1945-1990, also $4200.
- The Soviet Estimate: U.S. Analysis of the Soviet Union, 1947-1991, also $4200.
- The Swords of Armageddon Information Service. Chuck Hansen can provide copies of selected source documents that are referenced in his CD-ROM The Swords of Armageddon from his archive of declassified materials on nuclear weapons, the larges and most extensive such collection in private hands. Materials referenced in the CD-ROM range in size
from a single page to series of volumes several thousand
pages in length. Please include the volume and footnote
number, and complete title, author, addressee, and date of
the document. Prices of documents include costs of
reproduction, labor, and shipping. For cost estimates of
reproducing either partial or complete sources, write to:
Swords of Armageddon Information Service, 663 S. Bernardo
Avenue, Ste. 226, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, USA, or fax requests to 1-408-730-0148, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Los Alamos Historical Society Bookshop. You can also contact
Los Alamos Historical
P.O. Box 43
Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Cold War Trading Cards by Andre Gollner
- The Sovietski Collection - "Treasures from a Bygone Era"